University of Georgia, J.D., 1978
University of Georgia, B.A., 1975
U.S. District Court for Eastern & Middle Districts of TN
U.S. District Court for Northern District of GA
Tennessee Bar Association
Chattanooga Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
Norman Mark Kinsman has practiced civil litigation throughout East Tennessee and North Georgia since 1978. He is admitted to practice in State and Federal Courts in both Tennessee and Georgia. The majority of his practice is devoted to handling cases involving insurance fraud, arson, insurance coverage litigation, personal injury, construction litigation, real estate professional liability, employment law, and other insurance related matters.
Before joining Raney, Kizer, Reviere & Bell, PLC, Mark was a founding member of Baker, Kinsman, Hollis & Clelland, P.C which was established in 1984 when Mark joined Jody Baker to form the firm Josiah Baker & Associates, P.C. A year later, that firm became Baker & Kinsman, P.C. and eventually grew to become Baker, Kinsman, Hollis & Clelland, P.C. and included Joe Hollis, Fred Clelland and Stephanie Pedigo.
Mark received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in accounting from the University of Georgia in 1975 and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Georgia in 1978. Mark is the son of an aeronautical engineer and has called many parts of the country home. His family has lived in Marietta, Georgia for many years. Mark has lived in Chattanooga for more than 35 years.
Mark is admitted to practice in all state courts in Tennessee and Georgia. He is also admitted in the United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. He is a member of the Chattanooga and Tennessee Bar Associations, as well as the Defense Research Institute, and the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association.
Mark and his wife Patty have two adult daughters, Jessy and Bailey, and are members of Clear Creek Church of Christ.
- Stutte v. American National Property & Casualty Company, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tenn (Knoxville)– jury defense verdict on insurance fraud/bad faith case.
- Barbush v. Oiler, 158 Ga. App. 625 (1981)
- Sain v. ARA Mfg. Co., 660 S.W. 2d 499 (Tenn. App. 1983)
- Hamerick v. Spring City Motor Co., 708 S.W. 383 (Tenn. 1986)
- Dalton Trailer Service v. Ardis, 792 S.W. 2d 934 (Tenn. App. 1990)
- Bill Brown Constr. Co. v. Glens Falls Ins. Co., 818 S.W. 2d 1 (Tenn. 1991)
- Warren v. Ballard, 266 Ga. 40 (1996)
- Staples v. CBL & Assoc., Inc., 15 S.W. 3d 83 (Tenn. 2000)
- Daniel v. Cantrell, 375 F. 3d 377 (6th Cir. Tenn. 2004)
- Shelter Mut. Ins. Co. v. Gregory, 555 F. Supp. 922 (M.D. Tenn. 2008)
- Fulton Bellows, LLC v. Federal Ins. Co., 662 F. Supp. 2d 976 (E.D. Tenn. 2009)
- Williams v. Greater Chattanooga Public Television Corp., 349 S.W. 3d 501 (Tenn. App. 2011)
Secretary/Treasurer Chattanooga Rowing (former board member & president)
Member of Clear Creek Church of Christ