Brandon Stout is a Member of Rainey, Kizer, Reviere & Bell, PLC. He joined the firm as an Associate in 2014. He was named a Member in 2022.
Brandon concentrates his practice on the defense of health care providers, including physicians, dentists, nurses, hospitals, and clinics, in health care liability litigation. Brandon also has experience representing health care providers before the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners during investigations conducted by the Tennessee Department of Health Office of Investigations. In addition, Brandon has experience representing clients in contract disputes, insurance coverage disputes, and defending premises liability claims and tort claims arising out of motor vehicle accidents.
Brandon obtained his law degree from the University of Memphis School of Law. While in law school, he served as a research assistant to Professor Barbara Kritchevsky, researching issues in tort law. He also served on the Editorial Board of The University of Memphis Law Review as an Articles Editor. Additionally, Brandon interned for the Honorable S. Thomas Anderson and the Honorable Diane K. Vescovo, Magistrate, United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee, and Justice Roger A. Page, while he served on the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Tennessee—Knoxville
Co-Author – Compensating Fact Witnesses in Tennessee, 51 Tenn. B.J. 22 (July 2015)
Author – Corporate Directors [and Officers] Making Business Judgments in Tennessee: The Business Judgment Rule, 44 U. Mem. L. Rev. 455 (2014).
- Stafford v. Lucas, No. W2019-01438-COA-R3-CV, 2020 Tenn. App. LEXIS 459 (Tenn. Ct. App. Oct. 15, 2020)
- Martin v. Rolling Hills Hosp., LLC, 600 S.W.3d 322, 325 (Tenn. 2020)
- Rogers v. Hadju, No. W2016-00850-COA-R3-CV, 2017 Tenn. App. LEXIS 192 (Tenn. Ct. App. Mar. 22, 2017)
- Rush v. Jackson Surgical Assocs. PA, No. W2016-01289-COA-R3-CV, 2017 Tenn. App. LEXIS 101 (Tenn. Ct. App. Feb. 13, 2017)
- Duncan v. Ledford, No. W2015-02370-COA-R3-CV, 2016 Tenn. App. LEXIS 610 (Tenn. Ct. App. Aug. 24, 2016)
- Nazi v. Jerry’s Oil Co. Inc., W2014-02008-COA-R3-CV, 2015 Tenn. App. LEXIS 498 (Tenn. Ct. App. June 24, 2015)