William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2021
University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Bachelor of Science in Communications, summa cum laude
Tennessee Bar – Admitted November 2021
United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
Honors and Distinctions
Associate, American Inns of Court, Howell Edmunds Jackson Chapter
Meredith Maroney is an Associate with Rainey, Kizer, Reviere & Bell, PLC, in Jackson, Tennessee. Meredith’s practice consists of employment law in all aspects ranging from litigation to transaction work, including immigration considerations, employment disputes, and compliance with state and federal law.. Meredith joined the firm after graduating from William and Mary Law School in Williamsburg, Virginia. She is a member of the firm’s Employment Law group.
Meredith is a Jackson native. She graduated from the University School of Jackson before attending the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. While in college, Meredith competed in the Miss Tennessee Scholarship Pageant, placing as Second-Runner Up in 2016. She worked for VFL Films where she assisted in numerous sports broadcasts for UT athletics. Meredith graduated summa cum laude from the University of Tennessee, earning a Bachelor of Science in Communications. She attended William & Mary Law School where she was a member of the Environmental Law & Policy Review and The Federalist Society.
Meredith makes her home in Jackson, Tennessee. She is a devoted L.A. Rams fan and also enjoys studying history, especially from the American Revolutionary War period.
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements
- November 2021 — HR Professionals Magazine; “OSHA’s Upcoming Regulations Under Biden’s COVID-19 Plan: Anticipated Questions and Answers.”
- November 2021: West Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management Conference; “Employee Rights in the Workplace”
- February 2022: West Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management Meeting; “Understanding the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Tennessee Human Rights Commission”
- May 2022: West Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management Conference; “Employment Law Update 2022”
- September 2022: West Tennessee Society for Human Resources Meeting; “Creating a Paper Trail: Forms I-9 and W4 Considerations”
- November 2022: West Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management Conference; “Screening & Hiring Employees”
- January 2023: HR Professionals Magazine; “Speak Out Now Act: What is it, and what does it mean for employers?”